Mod/savegame loader utility for Space Empires IV. It features many improvements over the classic launcher written by Matryx:
- Acts as a normal window. This means you can resize and move it around.
- Double clicking on a mod name is equivalent to hitting Launch SE4 button.
- Double clicking on a savegame name is equivalent to hitting Load Game button. You can also hit enter to run the savegame when the cursor is in the player number or password boxes.
- You can specify an alternate mod path. This is useful if you prefer to keep all of your mods in a Mods folder.
- You can process turns as host directly from the interface, without changing the player number and password every time you want to play the turn, then process it manually.
- You do not have to run the launcher from the SE4 folder. If you do not, it will check the default installation locations. If this fails, it will provide a prompt to specify a location.
- Savegames are listed in a tree view, categorized by mod folder name.
- When you select a savegame, the date last played will be displayed in the status bar.
The program requires the .NET Framework 2.0