This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 70
· Members: 0
· Total: 70

Spaceempires.net :: General discussion about AddOn 1.2 Mod :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

General discussion about AddOn 1.2 Mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Modding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuna
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: General discussion about AddOn 1.2 Mod Reply with quote

Feel free to write Smile which conception should be developed, which mods should be implemented into, which elements should be rebalanced, etc.

Kuna the author of AddOn Mod

Kuna
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to introdue ideas of AddOn Mod. At first, you should know i love 4x games. My favorite was MofM and MofO. After practising MofO III, i've found SE series. But started from SEIV. And there is my advice to newbies. If you would like to uderstand the SE5's interface just start playing from SEIV. It will help you. Unfortunately, SE5 has a lack of elements or some new could be implemented. From a statictical point of view there is a place for 30-50% more elements keeping the whole structure intelligible. So the first, my pure idea was to increase kind of planets and atmospheres. Then I've found similiar mod but noticed the game has a lack of balance. Then decided to make a new big mod. But...

There were a few big and good mods and I've thought that making everything from the begining is a nonsense. I've chosen BM to have one of the best AI but keeps a pure game concepts. And it has a graphical improvement from other mod. And my ideas is to make one mod including as many as possible but playable options. The idea is to make it all available in one. And then a future development will be performed. It will direct at making scenarios, maps and races.

After adding Water, Condensed, Enormous and Gigantus planets in AddOn Mod, as well as new atmospheres, I've rebalanced their's distribution. The influence is major/minor. Water planets and planets with an Organic atmosphere are new major elements and the others minor. The distribution of Rock, Ice and Gas planets are lowered slighty only but the whole changes taken together have a major influence to the game. So, it must be balanced and i've done a huge work to balance it stattistically. During this I've made some changes to the graphics of the galaxy, stars and planets.

One of major ideas is to not influence the BM AI's when still under development. BM is a huge and eseential work. AddOn Mod should offer other, additional options of games in more complex universe. When BM 1.19h was released, the v1.25 of AddOn Mod will include the changes, and so on but grasp that SEV will not exists forever because of it's lack of elements. Someone will take the game for a short period of time for that reason. It must be changed. I think that as BM exists next to original SEV game, the same AddOn will be exist next to BM. And when CK will mayby finish the BM development in v1.20 to have a time for the Nova project, the BM's AI will exist in AddOn still under development and he will have a peace of mind that his child will grow Wink Then someone can choose the standard game, the standard game with BM, the game with new planets and BM's AI or whatever he wants, ex. other mods.

Of course, when a new project is developing new outlook for older elements appears. So, a few changes in several elemets were made in AddOn Mod. For example, a Space Yard on planets, new Atmosphere REf. building and a Monolith factory take 2 places on a planet instead of one. Features of planet were rebalanced. It all have it's reasons and some of them are explainded in the readme.txt file. Enjoy!

Kuna
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my national language discussion of the Mod, it must be clearly informed that an AI is not adapted to a new environment. It will be but ealier then later, so I think there is no sense to give to you the AddOn v.1.25 with BM 1.19h AI without that. But it will take some time.

And about my early game with AddOn Mod (to explain its innovations). When plaing lately, i had 4 systems with only 2 planets with well fitted environment, a few others had a hostile atmospheres. A few in neighbour empire systems were weak, had to be defended but a maintentance of ships were too high, they had to be mothballed for some time, so i had to mine planets aroud them (planets), mine warpoints. Then I used the new Atmosphere REf.s (Hostile Atmosphere Trait) and the research plus ref. of the first one was about 80 turns. And i had a problems with food and minerals building this and using reserach facilities (they take more food now). I had to manage materials with care. And this is it.

As I wrote the game has 30-50% possibility to complicate its system. This described above is about 5% (more carefully management). With that balance, upgrade your facilities and manage materials with care start to have a new sense.

Hazcom13
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have started playing the mod, but have not gotten too far yet. I do like the fact that breatheable, colonizable planets are much more rare. It makes it much more exiting to find them because they are not common.

I would suggest working the existing racees to use all planet types. If not, the hunam player always has the advantage of having a planet type all to himself.

Kuna
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

Quote:
I would suggest working the existing racees to use all planet types. If not, the hunam player always has the advantage of having a planet type all to himself.

This is a work to too. I had a choice to wait or give this without complete AI. I decided give and announce that in the next version it will be. Enjoy!

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More fun in solar systems. Smile Stellar clusters are amusing.

Kuna
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v1.3 will include

- BM 1.19h AI
- five new empires with own ship design
- new and old empires base on old and new planets
- new atmospheres will have it's own planet desing

this work'll take about 2-3 weeks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Modding Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: