This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 68
· Members: 0
· Total: 68

Spaceempires.net :: Remix of HughManatee's HH Shipsets for Honorverse Mod :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Remix of HughManatee's HH Shipsets for Honorverse Mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Malfadorian Shipyards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DXM
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Remix of HughManatee's HH Shipsets for Honorverse Mod Reply with quote

Okay... HughManatee made two excellent Honor Harrington shipsets for SE5, a Manticoran set & a Havenite set. However, it is clear that, for whatever reason, Hugh has no interest in making any further HH sets. With development of the mod continuing, I felt that it only made sense to add a few extra racial traits and things... With the Honorverse having been expanded in recent years to include new star nations and organizations(such as the Mesan Alignment)... And thus it follows that the mod really needed more ship sets... While I have no 3d talent, and therefor could not use Hugh's blender models as a base for creating entirely new sets as he suggested, I nevertheless decided to do what I could... As suggested by Marhawkman, some of these sets have had their scaling altered to produce slightly different shapes.

The result of my efforts are the following 'remixed' shipsets... Obviously the real credit belongs to HughManatee, as the original author. Additionally, all the sets have the add-on bits that the mod provided for the original sets. There are no script files in the 'new' sets. The Andermani, Havenite, Manticoran and Silesian sets feature flags by Gurachn. The quality of some may vary, as I only had his forum posted JPEGs to work with. The Grayson, Mesan, Pirate and Solarian sets feature flags that I made myself from resources found on the net. Not having Gurachn's skill, I could not duplicate his game style fleet & ship flags. Therefore, I used what tools I had to produce a uniform look to the flags that is slightly different from SE5 standard. I did not create custom portraits for all the ships, as I could not duplicate the style used by HughManatee. The images below are just to give you an idea of what the ships look like in game. I did my best to find what looked like fitting race pics.

The Andermani Empire
Based on the Manty set, I adjusted the color of the textures very slightly. I played with the scaling factors to make the ships both wider and flatter.

The Grayson Protectorate
Based on the Manty set, I reversed the colors of the textures, the scaling was adjusted to make the ships shorter and thicker.

The Havenite Republic
Aside from being rescaled to match the Manty set, this is simply a mod ready version of the Peep set. Also, like all sets, the system view scaling has been fixed.

The Manticoran Star Kingdom
This is simply a mod ready version of the Manty set. Although, like all the other sets, I added rotation to the bases so that they spin in system view.

The Mesan Alignment
Based on the Peep set, I adjusted the colors of the textures, I also added three models from npru009's tos tholian set to serve as the Mesan's stealth ships.

The Pirate Fleet
This set was a late addition to the remix project, it is simply a copy of the Silesian set with different flags & race portraits.

The Silesian Confederacy
Based on the Peep set, I altered the color of the textures slightly and changed the scaling to make the ships taller and thinner.

The Solarian League
Based on the Peep set, I changed the texture colors a bit.

I hope they meet with everyone's approval! If you have any issues or comments, post them here. Enjoy! Very Happy

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL! So this is what you've been doing this week. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Malfadorian Shipyards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: